- Moa, a giant cousin of the Kiwi is one of the rarest birds. It may grow as much as 12 feet tall.
- The world’s heaviest flying bird is the Great Bustard. At 18 kg, it approaches the theoretical weight limit for flight, but is powerful in the air.
- Elephants can smell water from as far as three miles.
- Giraffes can’t cough.
- Primates are known to get pneumonia.
- Some species of dinosaurs were the size of chickens.
- Some dinosaurs spent time in the water, but no dinosaur could swim very well.
- Dinosaur bones have been found on all of the continents, but the fossil record is most complete in North America and Asia.
- Dinosaurs had tiny outside fingers and toes.
Funda of Fundas
It is one of nature’s paradoxes that the animals with the most conspicuous weapons are all vegetarians. No hoofed creature uses its horns or antlers to kill prey; rather they are used to threaten and less often to fight.
by Aniket Kumar (11 years)