Email your questions to us.
If found suitable your question will appear here, along with your name.
1. Which word is nearest in meaning to ‘voyage’?
2. “Beneath the tree, a small cactus grew” : In this sentence the underlined word is a :
3. Which sentence is correct?
A. For coffee let’s go out after lunch.
B. After lunch let’s go out for coffee.
C. Let’s go out after lunch for coffee.
D. Let’s for lunch go out after coffee.
4. Choose the most suitable description to fill in the blanks:
The book I was reading last night had many wonderful fairy tales.
The whole book was _______________.
A. tedious and imaginative
B. dull and unsightly
C. exciting and interesting
D. artless and informative
5. Which group represents all wrong spellings?
A. tickle, temptation, typhoon
B. supressed, sindicate, shoothing
C. embroidery, echaust, exile
D. ugly, ulcer, university
6. Which word will come first in an English dictionary?
7. Strike the odd one out : kennel, burrow, igloo, lair
8. Which one of the following sentence is written in Past Perfect tense?
A. It is going to rain tomorrow.
B. I have never read such an exciting story.
C. Before I reached, the doctor had already left.
D. You would never have accepted such a foolish proposal.
9. Which proverb means “to do nothing and only day-dream”?
A. To build castles in the air
B. To lock the stable when the steed is stolen
C. To cry over the spilt milk
D. To beat about the bush
10. Who among the following was not an English poet?
A. William Blake
B. William Wordsworth
C. Lord Tennyson
D. Lord Curzon
For the answers wait for next update. Till then happy quizzing!
Answers to BQ # 11
1. West Germany
4. Tooth Enamel
6. Kulti in W.Bengal
7. Morarji Desai
8. Major General Rajinder Singh